Sunday, February 15, 2009

Recorder ensemble


Recently took part in a recorder ensemble which organized by my music lecturers in college.
Only 10 people are involved. And of course, most of my best friends being chosen to be in it.
We had told to perform 3 songs on 27th Feb...
Only left 2 weeks yet some of the songs are very difficult to blow.
Feeling great for this ensemble, but too bad its my final year already.
After 4 1/2 year here finally there's something interesting for me to join.

I love to blow recorder since primary school but never had a proper learning way on how to control the breath and tongueing. Want to produce the good quality sound really not easy..
Luckily i got a very dedicated lecturer this semester to teach me soprano and alto recorder in class.



Well... on the last practice, im being asked to blow a sopranino recorder... I'll be the one who carry the melody line whenever i blow! Oh no, i had to practice hard because the fingering is different from the soprano's... hope i wont get confusing... (because after that song i'll be playing soprano for the other song)

Tomorrow having recorder practice again... wish me luck~ (wont boom by lecturer)

No comments: